Class of 2017: Gaga not just baby talk
If you've never asked directions, never had chicken pox, and tend to share everything you could probably impersonate a member of the class of 2017. Beloit College is out with its annual Mindset List.
In general, students are tech-savvy, but college freshmen also consider themselves multicultural and hold a non-religious sense of spirituality.
As for other signs for folks born in 1995: News has been crawling across the TV screen as long as they've been crawling themselves, getting a cellphone may be a bigger rite of passage than getting a car. Concerts have never been filled with cigarette smoke and chatting doesn't require talking. Gaga has never been baby talk, just as Java has never been just a cup of coffee and a tablet isn't something you just take two of in the morning.
- Crews demolishing building in Mission Bay fire
- 7 people dead in New York gas explosion
- Malaysia: No engine data after plane went missing
- Navy's new warship will travel to SF for Fleet Week
- Broken window of high-rise shuts down block in SF 2 min ago
- Report: DNA on SJ cop's vest in rape investigation
- Man looks to move forward after Peninsula boat crash 39 min ago
- Man arrested after standoff in San Francisco
- Emotional stress may be linked to coronary problems 55 min ago
- Americans on track to spend $60B on pets this year 30 min ago
- Amazon hikes Prime membership to $99 per year
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Surfer rescued; Boy struck by car
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday