Ohio man declared dead comes back to life
OHIO (KGO) -- Doctors are stunned and a family is relieved after a man declared dead came back to life.
Tony Yahle, 37, was suffering from irregular breathing in his sleep so his wife called for help and performed CPR. He was transported to a medical center in Dayton, and declared dead by a cardiologist.
About 45 minutes later, as nurses prepared to let the family view his body, he showed signs of life.
"The doctors had all given up. I mean, rightfully so. It had been so long, but for me to wake up without any brain damage or anything like that, it is another part of a miracle. To be without oxygen for 45 minutes is huge," Yahle said.
Doctors say they've never seen anything like it. Yahle remained unconscious for five days but says he now feels fine. He says he had no after-life experience and doesn't remember any of it.
medical research, watercooler
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Woman hit by stray bullet may be paralyzed 34 min ago
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- AC Transit, unions announce tentative agreement
- BART makes no progress on contract talks
- Bay Point man arrested in connection with '95 murder 22 min ago
- Driver in fatal Twin Peaks DUI hit-and-run sentenced
- Target shopper files suit over security breach
- GET FREE STUFF: Cream cheese; Bracelet set
- abcnews: Dancing doctor gets tickets to Beyonce show
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- Woman hit by stray bullet may be paralyzed
34 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos