Ohio man declared dead comes back to life
OHIO (KGO) -- Doctors are stunned and a family is relieved after a man declared dead came back to life.
Tony Yahle, 37, was suffering from irregular breathing in his sleep so his wife called for help and performed CPR. He was transported to a medical center in Dayton, and declared dead by a cardiologist.
About 45 minutes later, as nurses prepared to let the family view his body, he showed signs of life.
"The doctors had all given up. I mean, rightfully so. It had been so long, but for me to wake up without any brain damage or anything like that, it is another part of a miracle. To be without oxygen for 45 minutes is huge," Yahle said.
Doctors say they've never seen anything like it. Yahle remained unconscious for five days but says he now feels fine. He says he had no after-life experience and doesn't remember any of it.
medical research, watercooler
- Suspect in San Francisco police shooting arrested
- Pedestrian fatally struck by SUV on NB Highway 880
- PM: Won't budge '1 centimeter' from Ukrainian land
- Missing 11-year-old boy Bryan Lazo found
- Fatal collision blocks lanes on I-880 near Coliseum
- Immigration detainees continue hunger strike
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts