Photo of wife carrying amputee husband goes viral
At first glance, Jesse and Kelly Cottle look like any happy couple posing for a photo. But a closer look reveals that Jesse Cottle, a 38-year-old Marine and veteran of the war in Afghanistan, is a double amputee.
Jesse lost both his legs after stepping on an IED in 2009.
He met his wife Kelly while recovering at a San Diego hospital.
The couple was recently vacationing in Idaho when they decided to have photos taken. Kelly was carrying Jesse across a creek when the photographer snapped the picture.
"Someone had suggested taking photos in the water," Kelly told ABC News. "I was carrying Jesse back to his legs, and the photographer was like, 'Oh we'll get a couple of shots of you together.' It wasn't planned or anything."
The photographer, Sarah Ledford, posted the picture to her Facebook page, where it immediately started gaining attention, racking up more than 8,000 likes, over 1,000 shares and countless comments.
marines, veterans, afghanistan, watercooler
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse
- UC system issues new policy to handle sexual assaults
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- 10-year-old San Leandro boy found safe
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Oakland school locked down after report of assault
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Homeowners blame Caltrain for rising flood insurance
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire