11-year-old TX boy majoring in quantum physics
TEXAS (KGO) -- An 11-year-old boy in Texas is heading to class this week but not in elementary school or even middle school.
He's going to college.
Carson Huey-You is a freshman at Texas Christian University and he's majoring in quantum physics. He says he likes numbers. He says they help calm him down when he's upset.
The young man, who was in high school at age 5, plans to have a doctorate by age 20.
Carson's mom is with him every day and carries his backpack full of books because Carson is too small to lift it.
- Amber Alert canceled for child from Long Beach 13 min ago
- Fremont firefighters investigate three suspicious fires
- Two hospitalized after acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Investigators to speak with shot San Francisco officer
- Tuolumne County man found guilty in I-580 shooting
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California
- State senator to introduce utility security legislation
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- Stolen EBMUD truck found in Castro Valley
- Barry Bonds back in Giants uniform as camp coach
- Conn. shooter's dad: 'You can't get any more evil'
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Fremont fires; Crash victim ID'd