11-year-old TX boy majoring in quantum physics
TEXAS (KGO) -- An 11-year-old boy in Texas is heading to class this week but not in elementary school or even middle school.
He's going to college.
Carson Huey-You is a freshman at Texas Christian University and he's majoring in quantum physics. He says he likes numbers. He says they help calm him down when he's upset.
The young man, who was in high school at age 5, plans to have a doctorate by age 20.
Carson's mom is with him every day and carries his backpack full of books because Carson is too small to lift it.
- Recology plant fire creates heavy smoke in SF
- Frigid Bay Area weather takes deadly turn
- Only On 7: Federal drug agents sweep Tenderloin
- Protesters halt Google's commuter bus in SF
- Man held in N. Korea say statement was coerced
- Female teacher arrested for sexually abusing student
- As student, Obama drew inspiration from Mandela
- Police seeking man who went missing from care home
- 18 LA sheriff's deputies face criminal charges
- Winter Spare the Air called through Tuesday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Rising tides; Teen shot in SF
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos