Monopoly cat token makes board game debut
It's a piece of board game history.
Nearly seven months after winning a worldwide vote, the cat token is finally making its debut on Monopoly.
Hasbro has officially started rolling out the new game piece, which is replacing the iron token.
The cat won the coveted spot in early February. It beat out a helicopter, a diamond ring, a robot, and a guitar.
The iron was one of the Monopoly's original metal tokens when it hit the market 78 years ago.
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Santa makes early visit to Tenderloin school
- Woman hit by stray bullet may be paralyzed
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- 1 injured in shooting at Bayfair Mall in San Leandro
- AC Transit, unions announce tentative agreement
- What's next for Candlestick Point?
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Big Sur wildfire is fully contained
- Bay Area companies shop so you won't have to
- GET FREE STUFF: Cream cheese; Bracelet set
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday