Texas teen sells dream car to buy car for friend
A generous teen in Texas sold her brand new dream car so that her best friend could have a car too.
Chandler Lacefield, 17, knew her friend MacKenzie Sterner, the daughter of a single mom, would not be able to afford a car of her own. So just a few months after getting her dream car for graduation, Lacefield sold the Jeep, and with help from her parents, bought two smaller, older cars.
Lacefield, who now drives a 2011 BMW, surprised Sterner with a 2002 Acura MDX.
"Honestly, I thought about not actually selling my Jeep and being selfish, but then I realized I needed to get Kenzie a car more than I needed to keep my Jeep," Lacefield told ABC News.
The girls continue to stay in touch and hang out regularly. Lacefield is currently a freshman at Weatherford College and Sterner just started her senior year.
- Secret Service investigating big Target data breach
- SJ store owner gets $1M for selling winning ticket
- Journals show students' despair, hope
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- SUV crashes into gas station in Oakland 55 min ago
- Family holds prayer vigil for girl on life support
- Caltrans says Bay Bridge bolt problem fixed
- Two cars gifted in annual East Bay holiday tradition
- San Francisco considers ban on bottled water
- UC proposes plan to prevent deer, car collisions
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure program; Plastic water bottle ban
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos