Blobfish voted world's ugliest animal
The blobfish is the winner of the world's ugliest animal contest.
The Ugly Animal Preservation Society needed a mascot and the blobfish won the online vote.
The fish looks a little like the "Star Wars" character Jabba the Hutt. It lives in the waters off Australia and grows to about 12-inches long.
No one has ever seen the fish eat but scientists think they probably just open its big mouth and lets particles drift in.
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse
- UC system issues new policy to handle sexual assaults
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- 10-year-old San Leandro boy found safe
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Oakland school locked down after report of assault
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Homeowners blame Caltrain for rising flood insurance
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire