San Francisco Giants pitcher Sergio Romo ice cream available
PETALUMA, Calif. (KGO) -- San Francisco Giants pitcher Sergio Romo is coming to a grocery store near you. A new ice cream, named is his honor, hits store shelves Monday.
Petaluma-based Three Twins Ice Cream Company teamed up with Romo for the new flavor called Mexican Chocolate. It's chocolate ice cream with cinnamon.
It comes with the tag line "It only tastes illegal." That's a play on the t-shirt Romo wore during the World Series parade last year that read "I only look illegal."
The ice cream will be sold at Whole Foods stores and other independent grocers.
A portion of the proceeds will go to supporting immigration reform efforts.
san francisco giants, petaluma, immigration, whole foods, watercooler
- Freeze warning continues for most of Bay Area
- Ukraine sees largest anti-govt protest since 2004
- Deep freeze grips most of United States
- National memorial to be held for Nelson Mandela
- Fan hit in the head with a bottle at Candlestick Park 18 min ago
- Smith leads Jets to 37-27 victory over Raiders
- Owens' Olympic gold medal sells for record $1.4M
- Salvation Army ringer sets 105-hour ring record
- Man falls asleep on flight, wakes up in empty plane 25 min ago
- Winter Spare the Air called for Sunday and Monday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area 55 min ago
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday