San Francisco Giants pitcher Sergio Romo ice cream available
PETALUMA, Calif. (KGO) -- San Francisco Giants pitcher Sergio Romo is coming to a grocery store near you. A new ice cream, named is his honor, hits store shelves Monday.
Petaluma-based Three Twins Ice Cream Company teamed up with Romo for the new flavor called Mexican Chocolate. It's chocolate ice cream with cinnamon.
It comes with the tag line "It only tastes illegal." That's a play on the t-shirt Romo wore during the World Series parade last year that read "I only look illegal."
The ice cream will be sold at Whole Foods stores and other independent grocers.
A portion of the proceeds will go to supporting immigration reform efforts.
san francisco giants, petaluma, immigration, whole foods, watercooler
- Man suspected of shooting SF police officer arrested
- East Bay residents warned after EBMUD truck stolen
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- All lanes of I-880 in Oakland cleared after fatal crash
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Gov. Brown booed by anti-fracking protesters
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Thousands audition for Wheel of Fortune in NorCal
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos