Study puts a price on lunch
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- A new survey is putting a dollar figure on just how much Americans spend on lunch.
Visa finds, on average, Americans go out to eat for lunch nearly twice a week and spend about $10 during each outing. That adds up to about $18 a week, and more than $900 a year.
Men it seems out spend women when it comes to the lunch counter. They spend about $6 more than women on lunch every week and are more likely to eat out.
food, study, watercooler
- Memorial takes place in SF to honor Mandela 12 min ago
- Firefighters control 4-alarm fire in Concord
- Bay Area freeze extends longer than expected
- Protest gets heated for Santa Rosa teen shot
- NTSB: Asiana captain worried about visual landing
- Only On 7: SF kids describe obstacles in Tenderloin
- Golf pro charged with sexually abusing boys
- Richmond police searching for young runaway sisters
- SF Giants pitcher inspired by Batkid to give
- Husband's tutu project gets T-Mobile's support
- Winter Spare the Air called through Wednesday
- abcnews: Obama poses for selfie at Mandela's memorial
- roundup: Golf pro charged; Xmas tree in Bay
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos