Woman robbed in cross country Craigslist caper
ST. LOUIS, Mo. (KGO) -- Police in St. Louis are hunting for a cunning criminal who went to some extreme measures to steal a three-carat diamond ring.
Police say a 32-year-old Emily Graham was selling the ring on Craigslist for $19,000 when she got a message from a potential buyer who said he was interested, but wanted to see the ring in person.
She was in Wisconsin, he was in Missouri.
The man bought Graham a plane ticket and flew her to St. Louis. Shortly after she got off the plane, she realized something was wrong.
A driver picked her up, but instead of taking her to a jewelry store, he took her to a deserted area. A second man opened the car door and pointed a gun.
"I said, 'can I just have my ID?' And then he hit me over the head and said, 'shut up you stupid b****,'" Graham said.
Police are now tracing the credit card the thieves used to buy her airline ticket and fly her all the way across the country so they could rob her.
craigslist, guns, crime, violence, watercooler
- Collapse feared at site of massive 5-alarm fire in SF
- FBI searching for Bay Area bombing suspect
- India says Malaysia seeking help in search for jet 59 min ago
- Requests to carry concealed guns surges in Calif. 53 min ago
- Santa Cruz police arrest suspect in sexual assault
- Mountain lion caught on camera in Hollywood Hlls 21 min ago
- Target apologizes for girl's bathing suit Photoshop fail
- Parents warned about new psychedelic drug 14 min ago
- Boat crashes into rocks near Oyster Point Marina
- San Jose police officer facing rape charges
- Groups protest chemicals used in iPhone 46 min ago
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos