Survey reveals outrageous excuses for calling out sick
Many employees have the ability to stay home from work when they're sick, but every now and then, people will call in sick even if they're not really feeling under the weather. CareerBuilder is out with its annual survey of the most outrageous excuses workers have given when calling in sick.
One person said his favorite football team lost and he needed time to recover. Another said that a swarm of bees surrounded his car and he couldn't make it in.
How about not being able to decide what to wear? Someone's used that before.
And one employee said that someone glued her doors and windows shut so she couldn't leave the house to come to work
While another worker said he was quitting smoking and too grouchy to come to work.
- Fremont firefighters investigate three suspicious fires 21 min ago
- Investigators to speak with shot San Francisco officer 6 min ago
- East Bay residents warned after EBMUD truck stolen
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California
- State senator to introduce utility security legislation 5 min ago
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief 12 min ago
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Gov. Brown booed by anti-fracking protesters
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Surfer rescued; Fatal Oakland crash
- Investigators to speak with shot San...
6 min ago