Survey reveals outrageous excuses for calling out sick
Many employees have the ability to stay home from work when they're sick, but every now and then, people will call in sick even if they're not really feeling under the weather. CareerBuilder is out with its annual survey of the most outrageous excuses workers have given when calling in sick.
One person said his favorite football team lost and he needed time to recover. Another said that a swarm of bees surrounded his car and he couldn't make it in.
How about not being able to decide what to wear? Someone's used that before.
And one employee said that someone glued her doors and windows shut so she couldn't leave the house to come to work
While another worker said he was quitting smoking and too grouchy to come to work.
- Four people in the South Bay die due to cold weather
- Cal students led move toward divestment
- Craigslist ad asks to rent family for Christmas
- Local schools race to keep up with technology 9 min ago
- North Korea deports elderly Palo Alto man
- Man suspected of throwing 2 cats into bay arrested
- Make-A-Wish, Macy's team up to help Daly City girl
- New option studied for treating back pain
- SF man calls 7 On Your Side to help in luggage mixup 27 min ago
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- GET FREE STUFF: Dog bow tie; makeup
- abcnews: Fierce winds force pilots to abort landing...
- roundup: Teen struck in crosswalk; EPA shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday