Survey reveals outrageous excuses for calling out sick
Many employees have the ability to stay home from work when they're sick, but every now and then, people will call in sick even if they're not really feeling under the weather. CareerBuilder is out with its annual survey of the most outrageous excuses workers have given when calling in sick.
One person said his favorite football team lost and he needed time to recover. Another said that a swarm of bees surrounded his car and he couldn't make it in.
How about not being able to decide what to wear? Someone's used that before.
And one employee said that someone glued her doors and windows shut so she couldn't leave the house to come to work
While another worker said he was quitting smoking and too grouchy to come to work.
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Santa makes early visit to Tenderloin school
- Woman hit by stray bullet may be paralyzed
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- 1 injured in shooting at Bayfair Mall in San Leandro
- AC Transit, unions announce tentative agreement
- What's next for Candlestick Point?
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Big Sur wildfire is fully contained
- Bay Area companies shop so you won't have to
- GET FREE STUFF: Cream cheese; Bracelet set
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos