LAPD makes car break-in video starring zombies
LOS ANGELES (KGO) -- The Los Angeles Police Department is using zombies to warn the public about car burglars.
In the video, zombies wander the streets, breaking into cars, stealing iPads and other valuables left in plain sight.
This year 21,000 vehicles have been burglarized in the city of Los Angeles.
Police are hoping the undead will scare people into hiding their belongings and locking their cars.
crime, los angeles, watercooler
- 1 dead, 2 injured in Redwood City boating accident
- Mother, child killed in San Francisco fire
- San Francisco officials plan to crack down on "420"
- SF Chinese community faces fallout from Yee arrest
- Possible explosive prompts evacuations in Solvang 36 min ago
- Firetruck rams California eatery; 15 injured
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
- Man accused of killing Sierra LaMar appears in court
- VIDEO: Man kicked in head taking selfie in...
- Angels beat A's 5-4 on Iannetta's HR in 12th
- Photos: The 10 worst jobs for 2014
- San Jose Sharks holding rally to kick off playoff run
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Fatal house fire in SF; Oakland shooting
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos