Cancer patient gets wish to surf with SoCal dog
Caleb Acosta, a 15-year-old cancer patient, traveled from Florida to Del Mar in San Diego County to realize his dream of hitting the waves with Ricochet, a surfing dog.
Doctors diagnosed Caleb with terminal brain cancer last July, and gave him just six months to live. But that didn't stop Caleb from dreaming of surfing with Ricochet, who he saw on ESPN surfing with others with disabilities.
Caleb has had two surgeries, on his back and brain, but there is no cure for his cancer. He and his family are just hoping and praying for the best, and enjoying the ride, with ricochet.
cancer, animal, southern california, watercooler
- Fremont firefighters investigate three suspicious fires
- Two hospitalized after acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Investigators to speak with shot San Francisco officer
- Tuolumne County man found guilty in I-580 shooting
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California
- State senator to introduce utility security legislation
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- Stolen EBMUD truck found in Castro Valley
- Barry Bonds back in Giants uniform as camp coach
- Conn. shooter's dad: 'You can't get any more evil'
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Fremont fires; Crash victim ID'd 42 min ago