Thousands line up across U.S. for Air Jordans
HAYWARD, CA (KGO) -- What would it take to get you to stand in line in the cold all night long? For thousands of people, the answer is tennis shoes.
350 people lined up overnight at the Southland Mall in Hayward, in hopes of getting their hands on a limited edition pair of Air Jordan tennis shoes that went on sale Wednesday morning.
Hundreds more lined up outside Nordstroms in Walnut Creek. Similar lines formed at malls and shoe stores all over the United States.
So what makes these shoes so special? The Nike Air Jordan Space Jam Retro 11s sell for $175 plus tax. Some people have said they think they will be able to re-sell them for nearly twice that amount.
- I-5 bridge collapse raises Bay Area safety questions
- Damage reported after 5.7 quake in Greenville
- Limos without valid permits listed on airport website
- Shift in tactics may be helping Oakland police
- No charges in Starbucks orange juice case
- 3-D printer helps save dying baby with rare disease
- Lawmakers want to restore dental care to Medi-Cal
- Walnut Creek student dies after brain hemorrhage
- NASA Ames focusing on advanced manufacturing
- I-5 bridge collapse caused by truck hitting span
- Get Free Stuff: Challenge butter; Shoe laces
- abcnews: McDonald's CEO scolded by 9-year-old
- roundup: Bicyclist killed ID'd; Unsolved murder
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday