Thousands line up across U.S. for Air Jordans
HAYWARD, CA (KGO) -- What would it take to get you to stand in line in the cold all night long? For thousands of people, the answer is tennis shoes.
350 people lined up overnight at the Southland Mall in Hayward, in hopes of getting their hands on a limited edition pair of Air Jordan tennis shoes that went on sale Wednesday morning.
Hundreds more lined up outside Nordstroms in Walnut Creek. Similar lines formed at malls and shoe stores all over the United States.
So what makes these shoes so special? The Nike Air Jordan Space Jam Retro 11s sell for $175 plus tax. Some people have said they think they will be able to re-sell them for nearly twice that amount.
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward 29 min ago
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Peninsula cold case murders linked to Reno killing
- 7 On Your Side: The dark side of green lighting
- Fire that injured 2 under investigation in SJ 20 min ago
- Water pours from top of San Francisco high-rise 18 min ago
- Accident cleared from EB lanes of the Bay Bridge
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide 8 min ago
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Batkid was scheduled to appear at Oscars
- Unknown good Samaritan called 911 after man's seizure
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Cal housing vote; Candlestick soccer
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday