Wozniak complains of Toyota acceleration problem
Steve Wozniak, one of the co-founders of Apple, is among the Toyota owners who claims to have experienced an acceleration problem.
Wozniak drives a 2010 Prius which is not one of the models that has been recalled. He says his car accelerates out of control when he uses his cruise control button.
Wozniak concedes his problem is not the same as the one that has triggered the recall and may be unique to his Prius.
"I think it's more likely software in my case that caused it and I can't cause it every time on every trip, but I'm sure it will happen again," he said. "I was actually pretty scared the first time, wondering... this shouldn't be happening."
However, he has tried to contact Toyota and the National Highway Safety Administration to lodge his complaint.
"I thought my case has some meaning. I would think they'd want to hear me, but it's tough to get through these days. It's tough to get the phone number for anyone importan in a company."
toyota, apple, business
- Cold snap could shatter 41-year-old Bay Area record 33 min ago
- Bay Area braces for chilly weather as cold snap hits 32 min ago
- Third day ends without finding missing SJ CEO
- BART train brake problem prompts evacuations
- Newtown 911 calls show calm response to shooting
- Bail for suspect in PS4 robbery in SF set at $5M
- 3 Good Samaritans honored for Alameda water rescue
- Milpitas police investigate possible kidnapping
- Autopsy: Paul Walker died from impact, fire in crash
- New chair lets users decide the temperature
- Local startup iHear to offer hearing aids online
- abcnews: Harmful contaminants in marijuana?
- roundup: SF shooting; Milpitas possible kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday