Wozniak complains of Toyota acceleration problem
Steve Wozniak, one of the co-founders of Apple, is among the Toyota owners who claims to have experienced an acceleration problem.
Wozniak drives a 2010 Prius which is not one of the models that has been recalled. He says his car accelerates out of control when he uses his cruise control button.
Wozniak concedes his problem is not the same as the one that has triggered the recall and may be unique to his Prius.
"I think it's more likely software in my case that caused it and I can't cause it every time on every trip, but I'm sure it will happen again," he said. "I was actually pretty scared the first time, wondering... this shouldn't be happening."
However, he has tried to contact Toyota and the National Highway Safety Administration to lodge his complaint.
"I thought my case has some meaning. I would think they'd want to hear me, but it's tough to get through these days. It's tough to get the phone number for anyone importan in a company."
toyota, apple, business
- Bay Area man survives avalanche on Mount Everest
- San Francisco officer injured in crash after pursuit
- Confirmed death toll in ferry disaster climbs to 36
- CHP officer struck by hit-and-run driver on Highway 101
- Crews search for person after boat accident in Brentwood
- A's score 3 in 9th, rally past Astros 4-3 27 min ago
- Elderly woman beaten, robbed in Santa Cruz
- 2 men injured in separate shootings in East Oakland
- Woman travels to Vegas to celebrate 103rd birthday
- Hundreds paddle out for surf icon Hobie Alter
- $14M awarded in suit linking contraceptive, stroke 53 min ago
- Sacramento Co. sheriff seeks surveillance footage
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday