TiVo wins patent infringement lawsuit
ALVISO, CA (KGO) -- Bay Area-based TiVo had a legal victory Thursday when a federal appeals court sided with the company in its patent infringement lawsuit against rival Dish Network.
TiVo pioneered digital video recorder technology.
TiVo officials say the decision means the company can begin collecting about $300 million in damages from Dish.
TiVo has also sued AT&T and Verizon for allegedly infringing on certain DVRpatents.
Dish says it plans to appeal the ruling.
television, alviso, lawsuit, tivo, business
- San Jose police officer arrested for sexual assault 17 min ago
- Crews fix broken water main in SF's Lower Haight
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree
- High speed chase ends in crash in Richmond
- Report: CVS could face $29M fine for painkillers
- Portland family calls 911 about angry cat
- Fitbit users still looking for answers on Force rashes
- 5-year-old boy, babysitter struck by car in crosswalk
- Stars raise money for SF children's hospital
- Man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday