Toyota to recall 2010 Lexus GX 460 SUVs
WASHINGTON -- A Transportation Department official says Toyota will recall the 2010 Lexus GX 460 to address a potential problem with the SUV rolling over.
The recall affects about 6,000 vehicles that have been sold since the SUV went on sale in late December. Consumer Reports issued a "Don't Buy" warning last week on the 2010 GX 460, saying it was susceptible to rolling over.
The official spoke on condition of anonymity because no formal announcement has been made.
Toyota responded by halting sales of new GX 460s and conducting tests on all of its SUVs.
The automaker also agreed to pay a record $16.4 million fine on Monday for failing to properly report a safety problem with defective gas pedals.
product recalls, toyota, lexus, business
- BART to give sneak peek of fleet of the future
- Residents unable to return home after SF fire
- 2 people shot at Richmond strip mall
- Moment of silence marks Boston Marathon bombings
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster
- SF leaders to announce plan to deal with "420" events
- Congresswomen support Cal sexual assault victims
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Revolutionary surgery for girl mauled by pet raccoon
- Consumer Reports evaluates best toilet papers 19 min ago
- VIRAL VIDEO: "World's toughest job" interview
- Sobrato family makes mark on South Bay
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- roundup: Sonoma County crash; Sunday parking in SF
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos