Toyota to recall 2010 Lexus GX 460 SUVs
WASHINGTON -- A Transportation Department official says Toyota will recall the 2010 Lexus GX 460 to address a potential problem with the SUV rolling over.
The recall affects about 6,000 vehicles that have been sold since the SUV went on sale in late December. Consumer Reports issued a "Don't Buy" warning last week on the 2010 GX 460, saying it was susceptible to rolling over.
The official spoke on condition of anonymity because no formal announcement has been made.
Toyota responded by halting sales of new GX 460s and conducting tests on all of its SUVs.
The automaker also agreed to pay a record $16.4 million fine on Monday for failing to properly report a safety problem with defective gas pedals.
product recalls, toyota, lexus, business
- SJ store owner get $1M for selling winning ticket
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- 11 injured in oven explosion at Santa Rita Jail
- Fire at metal plant doesn't help hazy skies
- SFPD search underway for suspects in ATM heist
- Food bank hands out hundreds of hams to families 1 min ago
- Wonder Girl to take on Vallejo after Batkid saved SF
- Weather to help crews battling Big Sur blaze
- Results of Consumer Reports car reliability survey
- Winter Spare the Air Alert called through Wednesday
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: OPD gets new SUVs; Big Sur fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- Food bank hands out hundreds of hams to...
1 min ago