Toyota to recall 2010 Lexus GX 460 SUVs
WASHINGTON -- A Transportation Department official says Toyota will recall the 2010 Lexus GX 460 to address a potential problem with the SUV rolling over.
The recall affects about 6,000 vehicles that have been sold since the SUV went on sale in late December. Consumer Reports issued a "Don't Buy" warning last week on the 2010 GX 460, saying it was susceptible to rolling over.
The official spoke on condition of anonymity because no formal announcement has been made.
Toyota responded by halting sales of new GX 460s and conducting tests on all of its SUVs.
The automaker also agreed to pay a record $16.4 million fine on Monday for failing to properly report a safety problem with defective gas pedals.
product recalls, toyota, lexus, business
- Man hit by tour bus on 7th, Mission streets in SF
- Final words from jet came after system shutdown
- US rejects Crimea vote, cites Russian intimidation
- SF burger joint open nearly 50 years about to close
- Sunday marks anniversary of Sierra LaMar's disappearance 5 min ago
- Cause of Mountain View house fire investigated
- High surf advisory issued for Bay Area beaches
- Tax payment scam cost Belmont woman $3,000
- Person stabbed during fight at SF's Dolores Park 36 min ago
- Woman Canadian goalie debuts in men's league 10 min ago
- Campaign to save dog in Arizona mauling case 48 min ago
- Two killed by suspected DUI driver in in Santa Rosa 33 min ago
- roundup: Most Wanted suspect; Sierra LaMar bench
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- Castro Valley man a person of interest in...
24 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos