Anthem Blue Cross CEO to meet with Sebelius
SACRAMENTO, CA (KGO) -- The largest health insurer in the U.S. is denying allegations that it rescinded coverage for women with breast cancer.
Wellpoint operates as Anthem Blue Cross in California. The company's CEO is requesting a meeting with Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius.
Last week, Sebelius warned the insurer against investigating women with breast cancer. News organization Reuters charged that Wellpoint was using a computer formula targeting new breast cancer patients to look for excuses to drop them.
Wellpoint is also trying to raise individual premiums in California by 39 percent, but has postponed it as the state investigates its practices.
health care, health insurance, anthem blue cross, business
- Injunction filed to keep Jahi McMath on life support
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- BART Board president wants to ban transit strikes
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- Garbage truck fatally strikes man in Tenderloin
- Female victim shot near Lake Merritt Friday morning
- Car crashes into San Jose home this morning
- Target shopper files suit over security breach
- San Jose charity 3,000 short of toy distribution goal
- VIRAL VIDEO: Oscars® Trailer: Ellen...
- abcnews: Dancing doctor gets tickets to Beyonce show
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday 11 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
12 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos