Anthem Blue Cross CEO to meet with Sebelius
SACRAMENTO, CA (KGO) -- The largest health insurer in the U.S. is denying allegations that it rescinded coverage for women with breast cancer.
Wellpoint operates as Anthem Blue Cross in California. The company's CEO is requesting a meeting with Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius.
Last week, Sebelius warned the insurer against investigating women with breast cancer. News organization Reuters charged that Wellpoint was using a computer formula targeting new breast cancer patients to look for excuses to drop them.
Wellpoint is also trying to raise individual premiums in California by 39 percent, but has postponed it as the state investigates its practices.
health care, health insurance, anthem blue cross, business
- Daly City medical building shooting suspect arrested 48 min ago
- Pleasanton students targeted on Instagram 47 min ago
- Sonoma Co. supervisor takes stand in peeping trial
- FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes
- Group still fighting to save Ice Center in San Mateo
- Clippers beat Warriors 98-96 for 2-1 series lead
- 2 arrested for murder of pet sitter in East Oakland
- 11 kids, driver hurt in SoCal school bus crash
- Paul McCartney will play final show at Candlestick
- Brentwood boy to be honored at MLB All-Star game
- Company seeks professional bruncher in SF
- 7OYS investigates Discount Gold Brokers
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: Muni bus fire; Hiker rescued
- Daly City medical building shooting suspect...
48 min ago