Anthem Blue Cross CEO to meet with Sebelius
SACRAMENTO, CA (KGO) -- The largest health insurer in the U.S. is denying allegations that it rescinded coverage for women with breast cancer.
Wellpoint operates as Anthem Blue Cross in California. The company's CEO is requesting a meeting with Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius.
Last week, Sebelius warned the insurer against investigating women with breast cancer. News organization Reuters charged that Wellpoint was using a computer formula targeting new breast cancer patients to look for excuses to drop them.
Wellpoint is also trying to raise individual premiums in California by 39 percent, but has postponed it as the state investigates its practices.
health care, health insurance, anthem blue cross, business
- Protesters vacate CCSF building, head to city hall
- Crews demolishing building in Mission Bay fire
- Parents discuss Oakland school assaults with police
- South Bay hospital top notch for treating strokes
- Manhunt on for Bay Area ATM robber 22 min ago
- Oakland considers dropping ShotSpotter technology 49 min ago
- Virgin to stop service at Mineta San Jose Airport
- 'Selfie' section added to Apple's iTunes App Store 21 min ago
- CDC reports rare woman-to-woman HIV transmission
- Fairfield man arrested for biting off infant son's nose
- Gorilla delivered via rare C-section at San Diego Zoo 51 min ago
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Tree removal dispute; Weed-laced brownies
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- Gorilla delivered via rare C-section at San...
51 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos