Android devices out-sell iPhones in Q1
MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA (KGO) -- Android devices have reportedly surpassed Apple iPhone sales in the first three months of 2010.
A new report by a technology research firm finds that Google Android devices outsold iPhones to become the second most popular phone type sold. This is the first time Android phones have surpassed the iPhone in the U.S.
However, Apple is still significantly ahead of Google in the phone game.
The report says Google has an advantage because its software is compatible with all major carriers, whereas the iPhone only has one.
Blackberry is at the top of the sales list.
google, apple, blackberry, iphone, mountain view, business
- Only On 7: In-depth look into the life of drug dealers
- Child support helpline takes callers to sex hotline
- Driver arrested for DUI after fiery I-580 crash
- Police interview potential victims of Livermore golf pro
- Budget approved but no peace: Boehner raps right
- VIRAL VIDEO: Teen sings 'Blue Christmas'...
- Arrests made in "thrill kill" of 7-11 clerk in Milpitas
- Startup sells insurance based on how much you drive
- Tracking the flu -- there's an app for that!
- Federal mediator sitting down with BART, unions
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- Winter Spare the Air called through Friday
- roundup: High-speed chase; Vallejo homicides
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday