Yahoo! announces plans to get into social networking
SUNNYVALE, CA (KGO) -- Yahoo! announced what may prove to be a controversial plan to get into social networking.
Starting in the next few weeks, the Sunnyvale-based company's 280 million e-mail users will be able to post comments and pictures online, like you can on Facebook and MySpace.
And everyone in your address book will automatically be part of it. To protect your privacy, Yahoo! plans to give you a week's notice before it starts, and provide a single button for opting out.
yahoo, sunnyvale, silicon valley, business
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse
- UC system issues new policy to handle sexual assaults
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman 52 min ago
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- 10-year-old San Leandro boy found safe
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239 27 min ago
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Oakland school locked down after report of assault
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Homeowners blame Caltrain for rising flood insurance
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire
- Stanford grad wins big deal on "Shark Tank"
5 min ago