Anthem Blue Cross announces rate hikes
SACRAMENTO, CA (KGO) -- Anthem Blue Cross Wednesday announced a new plan for raising rates for people who buy individual health care policies in California.
Their plan for increases of up to 39 percent helped spur Congress to pass health care reform this year.
Anthem's parent company said Wednesday that the increases would average a much more modest 14 percent.
anthem blue cross, health care, health insurance, business
- Two fires break out near each other in Hayward 38 min ago
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Peninsula cold case murders linked to Reno killing
- 7 On Your Side: The dark side of green lighting
- Two injured in two-alarm fire in San Jose 36 min ago
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Oakland mayor to deliver State of the City address
- Oakland teen accused in AC Transit fire in court
- Batkid was scheduled to appear at Oscars
- Bryan Stow attackers charged with federal crimes
- Some have privacy concerns with wearable technology
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Nob Hill gas leak; Scam warning
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos