Tesla creating battery-powered RAV4 test models
Tesla Motors is reportedly developing battery-powered test versions of the Toyota RAV4 and Lexus RX.
That's according to Bloomberg News, which talked to a source familiar with the project.
Last weekend, Tesla confirmed that it's going to deliver two proto-type models to Toyota this month, but it didn't identify the models.
Experts say the light truck bodies of the RAV4 and Lexus RX are the right size to carry the weight of Tesla's battery pack.
tesla, toyota, lexus, business
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree
- Wounded police officer back in surgery
- Conn. shooter's dad: 'You can't get any more evil'
- Fitbit users still looking for answers on Force rashes
- 5-year-old boy, babysitter struck by car in crosswalk
- Petaluma foster home in danger of closing
- Stars raise money for SF children's hospital
- Man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Bill introduced to have utilities develop security plan
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- roundup: Tesoro chemical spill; SOMA fire