Applied Materials to lay off 500 in restructuring
SANTA CLARA, CA (KGO) -- Santa Clara-based Applied Materials announced Wednesday it will lay off up to 500 people as part of a restructuring plan.
The high-tech company says the cuts will be in its Energy and Environmental Solutions Department. It will focus more on solar and advanced energy.
The restructuring plan is expected to cut expenses by at least $100 million.
alternative energy, energy, solar energy, layoff, business
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession 53 min ago
- Man hit by tour bus on 7th, Mission streets in SF
- Final words from jet came after system shutdown
- SF burger joint open nearly 50 years about to close
- Sunday marks anniversary of Sierra LaMar's disappearance
- Police conduct statewide underage drinking sting
- Navy's Blue Angels return to skies over San Francisco 43 min ago
- Campaign to save dog in Arizona mauling case
- Man killed by Caltrain in Atherton identified 40 min ago
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' tops box office 24 min ago
- Niemi, Couture lift surging Sharks over Rangers 58 min ago
- VIRAL VIDEO: Harbaugh does push-ups with... 10 min ago
- roundup: Richmond house fire; SF stabbing 30 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos