Job fair held for NUMMI workers
PLEASANTON, CA (KGO) -- Former NUMMI workers, suppliers and vendors had their own exclusive job fair Wednesday.
The workers got to meet face-to-face with representatives from several companies, including Safeway, Waste Management, BART and Tesla.
The job fair also offered workshops on high growth jobs, emerging industries and how to search for a job.
Many of NUMMI's workers have been without a job since the auto plant closed April 1.
ABC7 is the sponsor of another job fair coming up on Tuesday August 31st, from noon to 4 p.m. at the Hilton Garden Inn in Emeryville. This one will have a special section just for health care workers.
jobs, nummi, pleasanton, business
- Recology plant fire creates heavy smoke in SF
- Frigid Bay Area weather takes deadly turn
- Only On 7: Federal drug agents sweep Tenderloin
- Protesters halt Google's commuter bus in SF
- Man held in N. Korea say statement was coerced
- Female teacher arrested for sexually abusing student
- As student, Obama drew inspiration from Mandela
- Police seeking man who went missing from care home
- 18 LA sheriff's deputies face criminal charges
- Winter Spare the Air called through Tuesday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Rising tides; Teen shot in SF
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos