Job fair held for NUMMI workers
PLEASANTON, CA (KGO) -- Former NUMMI workers, suppliers and vendors had their own exclusive job fair Wednesday.
The workers got to meet face-to-face with representatives from several companies, including Safeway, Waste Management, BART and Tesla.
The job fair also offered workshops on high growth jobs, emerging industries and how to search for a job.
Many of NUMMI's workers have been without a job since the auto plant closed April 1.
ABC7 is the sponsor of another job fair coming up on Tuesday August 31st, from noon to 4 p.m. at the Hilton Garden Inn in Emeryville. This one will have a special section just for health care workers.
jobs, nummi, pleasanton, business
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake 6 min ago
- Body found on Mt. Tam believed to be missing hiker
- Doctors: 10-month-old girl won't survive abuse injuries
- Investigators conduct tests with FedEx truck, bus
- Police investigating shooting in Richmond 46 min ago
- 6 Nepalese guides dead, 9 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Student with Down syndrome accepted to college
- Sharks beat Kings 6-3 in Game 1
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- Firework thrown into bleachers during Giants game
- Infant boy left alone in car all day in San Jose dies
- New assisted living rent law isn't retroactive
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: DUI crash; Antioch teen killed