Panasonic investing $30 million in Tesla Motors
FREMONT, Calif. (KGO) -- Panasonic Corporation says it is now investing $30 million in Tesla Motors, the Palo Alto based U.S. maker of electric sports cars.
The Japanese electronics company announced today it hopes the investment will help expand the market for electric vehicles.
Toyota Motors has already invested $50 million in Tesla. Tesla officially took over the former NUMMI auto plant in Fremont last month to set up manufacturing operations for a new electric sedan.
tesla, nummi, business
- Man ID'd in fatal boating accident in Redwood City
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Investigators reconstruct bus crash in California
- Another woman reported missing on Mt. Tam
- San Leandro High teacher arrested for sex with minor
- Firework thrown into bleachers during Giants game 38 min ago
- Death penalty sought in killing of girl at sleepover
- Infant boy left alone in car all day in San Jose dies
- Man fined $525 for refilling drink without paying 39 min ago
- Chelsea Clinton expecting first child
- Ryu pitches Dodgers past Giants 2-1 to avoid sweep
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: SF plastic bag ban; Boy killed in Antioch
- Firework thrown into bleachers during...
38 min ago