Panasonic investing $30 million in Tesla Motors
FREMONT, Calif. (KGO) -- Panasonic Corporation says it is now investing $30 million in Tesla Motors, the Palo Alto based U.S. maker of electric sports cars.
The Japanese electronics company announced today it hopes the investment will help expand the market for electric vehicles.
Toyota Motors has already invested $50 million in Tesla. Tesla officially took over the former NUMMI auto plant in Fremont last month to set up manufacturing operations for a new electric sedan.
tesla, nummi, business
- Target apologizes after massive data breach
- Deputy saves man after crash in Oakland
- Consumer Reports tests handheld gaming devices
- Journals show students' despair, hope
- Dozens hurt after London theater partially collapsed 12 min ago
- 1 dead, dozens hurt in California bus crashes 6 min ago
- Katie Couric's talk show to end after this season
- Four boys cited for wielding replica pistol in Hercules
- Elderly woman punched in SF purse snatching
- Pa. man wins $1M Picasso with $138 raffle ticket
- abcnews: Dennis Rodman does karaoke in NKorea
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Toy drive in need; Timeshare sales scam
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday 36 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
36 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos