eBay launches new app for holiday shopping season
SAN JOSE, Calif. (KGO) -- EBay is hoping customers will avoid busy malls this holiday season and instead shop on its site with a smart phone.
Friday, the San Jose-based company launched its new version of the eBay mobile iPhone app.
Analysts say 59 percent of mobile consumers expect to use their cell phone for shopping and planning for gifts this holiday season. They say 64 percent plan to use their mobile phone to look up deals while they are at stores.
EBay says $600 million in merchandise was sold on its mobile apps last year. They expect that to rise to more than $1.5 billion dollars this year.
internet, iphone, online shopping, shopping, cell phone, ebay, business
- SF 'landlords from hell' plead guilty to felonies
- Police enforce pedestrian safety with sting operation 3 min ago
- Fire concerns growing as July 4th approaches
- AMA now recognizes obesity as a disease
- New Colo. wildfire prompts evacuations of homes
- Dog that killed 6-year-old boy euthanized
- Panel restores some pay for lawmakers, governor
- ABC7 Top Scholar: Michael Yu
- SF LGBT film festival marks 37 years amid SCOTUS rulings
- Blanco's 2-run triple in 7th helps Giants win, 4-2
- SF couple uses Task Rabbit, Airbnb apps for profit 25 min ago
- abcnews: Pope invites Down syndrome teen for a spin
- roundup: Controlled burn; Carjacking arrests
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday