eBay launches new app for holiday shopping season
SAN JOSE, Calif. (KGO) -- EBay is hoping customers will avoid busy malls this holiday season and instead shop on its site with a smart phone.
Friday, the San Jose-based company launched its new version of the eBay mobile iPhone app.
Analysts say 59 percent of mobile consumers expect to use their cell phone for shopping and planning for gifts this holiday season. They say 64 percent plan to use their mobile phone to look up deals while they are at stores.
EBay says $600 million in merchandise was sold on its mobile apps last year. They expect that to rise to more than $1.5 billion dollars this year.
internet, iphone, online shopping, shopping, cell phone, ebay, business
- Man suspected of shooting SF police officer arrested
- East Bay residents warned after EBMUD truck stolen
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- All lanes of I-880 in Oakland cleared after fatal crash
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Gov. Brown booed by anti-fracking protesters
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Thousands audition for Wheel of Fortune in NorCal
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos