Free bicycles given to IKEA employees nationwide
IKEA is giving a bicycle to each of its 12,400 employees nationwide.
IKEA workers got quite a surprise holiday gift. The Swedish furniture company is giving a bicycle to each of its 12,400 employees nationwide. That includes workers in Emeryville, and East Palo Alto.
It's good for the environment, too, if they choose to ride their bikes to work, or just around town.
IKEA wanted to thank its employees for their hard work, and for making everyday life better for customers, and their fellow colleagues.
christmas, holiday, emeryville, east palo alto, business
- SJ store owner get $1M for selling winning ticket
- Family to hold prayer vigil for girl on life support
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- Fire at metal plant doesn't help hazy skies
- Georgia woman has 1 of 2 winning lottery tickets
- Richmond council votes for foreclosure prevention plan
- Online retailers take part in Free Shipping Day
- Food bank hands out hundreds of hams to families
- 'Mary Poppins' among 25 US films to be preserved
- Winter Spare the Air Alert called through Wednesday
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Stolen ATM recovered; SF shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday