Lockheed Martin doubles job cuts
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Lockheed Martin announces it would more than double the cuts in workforce, more than previously announced earlier in June.
The announcement came on Thursday with Lockheeed Martin announcing 1,500 more jobs would be lost at the aeronautic company due to its changing business environment.
The cuts will hit the higher-paid workers at its main centers in California, Texas and Georgia.
The announcement comes two weeks after the company cut 1,200 jobs.
lockheed martin, business
- Fatal crash blocks lanes of I-580 in Livermore 32 min ago
- Antioch man arrested after wild, high-speed chase
- Record streak continues for Winter Spare the Air Alerts
- Consumer Reports puts AA batteries to the test
- Federal mediator sitting down with BART, unions 51 min ago
- San Jose fire crews battle one-alarm house fire
- 32 students participating in 'shop with a cop' event
- NYC college student dies during fraternity ritual 24 min ago
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating
- Vallejo police ID two most recent homicide victims 10 min ago
- OTRC: Golden Globes 2014: Full list of nominations 59 min ago
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday
- roundup: Robbery suspect shot; BART dispute
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- Federal mediator sitting down with BART,...
51 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos