Lockheed Martin doubles job cuts
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Lockheed Martin announces it would more than double the cuts in workforce, more than previously announced earlier in June.
The announcement came on Thursday with Lockheeed Martin announcing 1,500 more jobs would be lost at the aeronautic company due to its changing business environment.
The cuts will hit the higher-paid workers at its main centers in California, Texas and Georgia.
The announcement comes two weeks after the company cut 1,200 jobs.
lockheed martin, business
- Boy drowns after falling into canal in Antioch 20 min ago
- Search on for man who went missing after B2B race
- Scouts honor veterans at annual Memorial Day event
- Hundreds of food workers strike at AT&T Park in SF
- Angel Pagan wins it for SF Giants with inside-the-park HR
- Josh Donaldson, A's power past Astros 11-5 5 min ago
- Castillo scores as FC Dallas tops Earthquakes 1-0 6 min ago
- Wildfire near Interstate 580 in Livermore now contained
- San Antonio flooding kills one; 200-plus rescued 53 min ago
- San Francisco man with brain injury missing
- Millions march against Monsanto in over 400 cities
- abcnews: How to stay safe at amusement parks
- roundup: Machete murder; PG&E fights fine
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday 47 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
44 min ago