iPod sales are free-falling
Sales of the iPod are dropping like a rock, and experts say other Apple products may be to blame.
Apple sold just 7.5 million iPods in the most recent quarter. That is the lowest number since the fall of 2005.
Experts say one factor is that the iPhone and other smartphones can also store and play music, eliminating the need for a separate device.
iPod, apple, music, business
- Missing fisherman's body recovered after accident
- SF officer hurt in crash with armed robbery suspects
- Bay Area man survives avalanche on Mount Everest
- More bodies found inside South Korean ferry
- A's score 3 in 9th, rally past Astros 4-3
- Elderly woman beaten, robbed in Santa Cruz
- 2 men injured in separate shootings in East Oakland
- Woman travels to Vegas to celebrate 103rd birthday
- Hundreds paddle out for surf icon Hobie Alter
- $14M awarded in suit linking contraceptive, stroke
- Sacramento Co. sheriff seeks surveillance footage
- CHP officer struck by hit-and-run driver on Highway 101
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday 12 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
13 min ago