iPod sales are free-falling
Sales of the iPod are dropping like a rock, and experts say other Apple products may be to blame.
Apple sold just 7.5 million iPods in the most recent quarter. That is the lowest number since the fall of 2005.
Experts say one factor is that the iPhone and other smartphones can also store and play music, eliminating the need for a separate device.
iPod, apple, music, business
- Castro Valley man a person of interest in wife's death
- Memorial bench to honor missing teen Sierra LaMar
- CA Republican Party holds convention in Burlingame
- Union says fewer teachers facing layoffs in California
- Dad accused of biting infant's nose to be arraigned
- Fundraiser for victims of Indonesia volcano eruption
- Thieves steal gas station ATM in Sonoma County
- Fire destroys home, displaces 15 residents in Richmond
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Over $7,000 raised for police dog battling cancer
- Online naming contest open for trails at Glen Canyon
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Most Wanted suspect; Sierra LaMar bench
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos