Spirit Airways to take off from Oakland
OAKLAND, Calif. (KGO) -- Another low-cost carrier will begin taking off in the Bay Area.
Spirit Airlines will begin two flights daily from Oakland to Las Vegas. A third flight is expected to be added in September.
Tickets will start as low as $19 for mid-week travel, though some travel restrictions do apply.
Spirit Airlines is known for charging for carry-on bags.
oakland, oakland international airport, business
- Freeze Warning expires; chilly temperatures remain
- World mourns death of Nelson Mandela
- Audit finds BART police make progress in reforms
- Shelter-in-place advisory lifted for Pittsburg residents
- Security guard captures driver who hit cop
- Bay Bridge lanes re-opened after multi-vehicle crash
- US unemployment falls to 7 pct. on 203K jobs added
- Judge refuses to block AA, US Airways merger 47 min ago
- Holiday Heroes event to help children in need
- Banksy mural fetches $209K at California auction 37 min ago
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: 5 unexpected facts about Nelson Mandela
- roundup: Teen struck in crosswalk; EPA shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos