Andronico's Markets files for bankruptcy
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Family-owned supermarket chain Andronico's Markets has filed for bankruptcy.
The San Francisco-based grocer is considering a sale to private investors.
Andronico's owners blame the stores' money problems on aggressive expansion and the economic downturn. Andronico's has seven stores in the Bay Area.
A spokesman says there are no immediate plans to close stores or layoff employees. The sale is expected to be completed within three months.
- Good Samaritan pulls boy from water in San Leandro 35 min ago
- Four stabbed at bar, restaurant in San Jose
- Divers recover more bodies from sunken ferry
- Pope Francis prays for peace at Easter service
- San Francisco officer dragged by suspect getaway car
- Fairfield resident killed, boy injured after shooting
- Santa Rosa crash causes massive power outage
- Chavez gets 1st win, A's complete sweep of Astros
- Highway 1 reopens after major injury crash
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Video: Cracked windshield forces flight to divert
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday