$5 million suit filed over Safeway Select coffee
Safeway is in hot water over its Select Kona Blend coffee.
A Benicia woman has filed a $5 million class action lawsuit against the supermarket giant charging that she was tricked into paying more for the world famous Kona beans. In fact the Safeway coffee contained only a small amount of Kona beans mixed with coffee from Latin America.
Safeway says it will change the packaging to accurately reflect the amount of Kona beans in the coffee blend.
- Search on for man who went missing after B2B race 22 min ago
- Hundreds of food workers strike at AT&T Park in SF 24 min ago
- Sharks look to extend series vs. Kings to 7th game
- Santa Cruz police arrest crime plot mastermind
- Elderly woman with Alzheimer's missing in Palo Alto
- UK police arrest 3 more men in soldier's slaying
- PG&E disputes record fine for San Bruno blast
- San Francisco man with brain injury missing
- Millions march against Monsanto in over 400 cities
- Wildfire near Interstate 580 in Livermore now contained 17 min ago
- Limos without valid permits listed on airport website
- abcnews: How to stay safe at amusement parks
- roundup: Machete murder; PG&E fights fine
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday