Survey: airline luggage fees hit $400 a bag
If you're flying on an international flight anytime soon you may want to weigh your bags before heading to the airport.
A survey by USA Today finds that Continental and United Airlines are charging $400 for a bag weighing between 71 and 100 pounds and American Airlines will charge you $450 on its Asian flights.
An airline spokesman says the reason for the charges is to offset fuel costs and to dissuade passengers from checking such heavy bags in the first place.
continental airlines, united airlines, american airlines, business
- SF officials prepare for 102nd Bay to Breakers race
- Albany residents protest return of Occupy activists
- Suspicious package in Livermore prompts evacuation
- Konig wins 7th stage, van Garderen retains lead
- Pacers knock out Knicks with 106-99 win in Game 6
- Milone's long skid ends as A's beat Royals
- Chatwood leads Rockies past Giants 10-2
- Teen dies after refusing to give iPad to thieves
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade
- San Jose man arrested for alleged road rage attack
- Miami Heat player surprises student at prom
- abcnews: Men Struggle With Wives' Breast Cancer
- roundup: America's Cup race; Murder charges
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos