Survey: airline luggage fees hit $400 a bag
If you're flying on an international flight anytime soon you may want to weigh your bags before heading to the airport.
A survey by USA Today finds that Continental and United Airlines are charging $400 for a bag weighing between 71 and 100 pounds and American Airlines will charge you $450 on its Asian flights.
An airline spokesman says the reason for the charges is to offset fuel costs and to dissuade passengers from checking such heavy bags in the first place.
continental airlines, united airlines, american airlines, business
- Elderly man detained in NKorea reunited with family
- Freeze Warning in place for most of the Bay Area
- Court records show MLB denied A's move to San Jose
- Snow, sleet, ice hit large swath of United States
- Stanford Rose Bowl-bound after beating ASU
- Batkid returns to SF for Make-A-Wish fundraiser
- Thompson has 30 and Warriors top Grizzlies 108-82
- Deputy who fatally shot Andy Lopez to return to work
- 5 displaced in two-alarm apartment fire in Alameda
- Winter Spare the Air Alert issued for Sunday, Dec. 8
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Fierce winds force pilots to abort landing...
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday