Report: HP might replace CEO with Meg Whitman
According to a report, Hewlett Packard's board of directors is considering whether to fire its chief executive officer and replace him with former California gubernatorial candidate Meg Whitman.
Leo Apotheker was named CEO of the Palo Alto based company 11 months ago. The company's stock has plunged nearly 50 percent on his watch. Last month, HP announced it would spin off its computer business and stop making tablets and smartphones.
hewlett packard, meg whitman, business
- Amber Alert issued for child from Long Beach 5 min ago
- Fremont firefighters investigate three suspicious fires
- Two hospitalized after acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Investigators to speak with shot San Francisco officer
- Tuolumne County man found guilty in I-580 shooting
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California
- State senator to introduce utility security legislation
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- Stolen EBMUD truck found in Castro Valley
- Barry Bonds back in Giants uniform as camp coach
- Conn. shooter's dad: 'You can't get any more evil'
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Fremont fires; Crash victim ID'd