Report: HP might replace CEO with Meg Whitman
According to a report, Hewlett Packard's board of directors is considering whether to fire its chief executive officer and replace him with former California gubernatorial candidate Meg Whitman.
Leo Apotheker was named CEO of the Palo Alto based company 11 months ago. The company's stock has plunged nearly 50 percent on his watch. Last month, HP announced it would spin off its computer business and stop making tablets and smartphones.
hewlett packard, meg whitman, business
- Oklahoma tornado was top-of-the-scale EF-5
- Search continues for man after Bay to Breakers
- Apple's Cook faces Senate questions on taxes 53 min ago
- Arias tells jury what she'll do if allowed to live
- Photos: Tornado rips through Oklahoma City area
- UC hospitals say patients safe despite strike
- More than 100 gas grills put to the test
- Obama opposes GOP bill on Keystone XL pipeline
- Senate panel approves weapons for Syrian rebels
- Poll: Teens migrating to Twitter 47 min ago
- Photos: San Jose Sharks fan pics!
- abcnews: Hero teacher covered students with body
- roundup: Bay Area Super Bowl; Antioch fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday