Macy's to hire 78,000 holiday workers
Good news for people hoping to make some extra cash over the holidays.
Macy's plans to hire 78,000 employees for this year's Thanksgiving and Christmas shopping rush.
Positions will be open in sales, customer service, and distribution. Most of the hiring will be for part-time work, though there may be opportunities for year-round employment.
Macy's current hiring plan marks a 4 percent increase in seasonal hiring from last year.
jobs, holiday, macy's, business
- BART train brake problem prompts evacuations
- Bail for suspect in PS4 robbery in SF set at $5M
- Bay Area braces for chilly weather as cold snap hits
- Third day ends without finding missing SJ CEO
- Newtown 911 calls show calm response to shooting
- 3 Good Samaritans honored for Alameda water rescue
- Milpitas police investigate possible kidnapping
- Sketch released of suspect in violent robberies
- Autopsy: Paul Walker died from impact, fire in crash
- New chair lets users decide the temperature
- Local startup iHear to offer hearing aids online
- abcnews: Harmful contaminants in marijuana?
- roundup: SF shooting; Milpitas possible kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday