Macy's to hire 78,000 holiday workers
Good news for people hoping to make some extra cash over the holidays.
Macy's plans to hire 78,000 employees for this year's Thanksgiving and Christmas shopping rush.
Positions will be open in sales, customer service, and distribution. Most of the hiring will be for part-time work, though there may be opportunities for year-round employment.
Macy's current hiring plan marks a 4 percent increase in seasonal hiring from last year.
jobs, holiday, macy's, business
- Teen survives flight from SJC to Hawaii in wheel well
- PG&E to be arraigned in fatal San Bruno blast
- Good Samaritan pulls boy from water in San Leandro
- Divers recover more bodies from sunken ferry
- Barricaded man taken into custody in San Jose
- San Francisco officer dragged by suspect getaway car
- Fairfield resident killed, boy injured after shooting
- At least 10 arrested at "420" celebration in SF
- Highway 1 reopens after major injury crash
- Posey, Lincecum lead San Francisco Giants to 4-3 win
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Fatal shooting in Concord; Piedmont landslide