New fallout from Solyndra debacle
There is new fallout from the Solyndra government loan debacle. A recently released email shows an official within the Office of Management and Budget expressed concern about the government's loan program.
The official wrote that Solyndra was just the tip of the iceberg when it came to ill-conceived government loans to green energy companies.
The chairman of the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform has requested additional information from the Energy Department on loans granted last month.
Solyndra is now under investigation by the FBI. It filed for bankruptcy in August -- 15 months after receiving a $535 million loan guarantee.
solyndra, solar energy, business
- Malaysia says jet's disappearance was deliberate
- Woman found dead in Castro Valley home was shot
- Russia vetoes UN resolution on Crimea's future 35 min ago
- CCSF protestors make voices heard at City Hall
- Man fatally stuck by Caltrain near Atherton station
- Investigators finally getting look at Mission Bay fire
- Police arrest woman in connection with shooting
- Crews control one-alarm house fire in Antioch
- I-TEAM: Small park, big problems
- Vehicle runs over gas line, hits SJ DMV building
- Uber announces new insurance policy for drivers
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: AltCar Expo; Motorcyclist killed
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos