Reports signal fewer layoffs, job growth
Two new reports bring good news for people looking for jobs; the market may be improving.
According to the payroll company ADP, companies added 206,000 non-farm private sector jobs in November, above analyst expectations.
A separate report says layoffs this month dropped 13 percent from a year ago.
However, consulting firm Challenger, Gray and Christmas says total cuts for 2011 have already surpassed last year's total.
layoff, jobs, economy, business
- Man ID'd in fatal boating accident in Redwood City
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Investigators reconstruct bus crash in California
- Another woman reported missing on Mt. Tam
- San Leandro High teacher arrested for sex with minor
- Sunnyvale's 'Blue Cube' gets torn down 9 min ago
- Firework thrown into bleachers during Giants game
- Infant boy left alone in car all day in San Jose dies
- Crews placing grass at 49ers' Levi's Stadium
- Hydrants painted to mark contributions to 1906 fires 35 min ago
- All 29 defendants in corruption case appear in court
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: DUI crash; Antioch teen killed 21 min ago