Reports signal fewer layoffs, job growth
Two new reports bring good news for people looking for jobs; the market may be improving.
According to the payroll company ADP, companies added 206,000 non-farm private sector jobs in November, above analyst expectations.
A separate report says layoffs this month dropped 13 percent from a year ago.
However, consulting firm Challenger, Gray and Christmas says total cuts for 2011 have already surpassed last year's total.
layoff, jobs, economy, business
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- US approves California's new K-12 testing plan
- Ukraine may turn to UN General Assembly
- Fire that injured 2 under investigation in SJ
- Lockdown lifted at Monterey Peninsula College
- Blind man survives getting run over by train
- Wing cracks lead to Dreamliner production delay
- Woman killed when gun in donated clothes fires
- Danville teen killed in Highway 24 crash identified
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday