Apple releases details about new Cupertino campus
CUPERTINO, Calif. (KGO) -- Apple is releasing more details about its new so-called spaceship campus in Cupertino. The name comes from the look of the building.
The roof of the circular main building will be covered with photo-voltaic solar panels. The campus will be almost three million square feet, enough room for 13,000 employees.
It will be environmentally friendly, and have a cafe, fitness center and auditorium. Apple Campus 2 is expected to open in 2015.
apple, steve jobs, cupertino, business
- Security heightened at 2013 Bay to Breakers in SF
- Report: Corrosion a problem on new Bay Bridge
- NFL set to vote if Bay Area will host Super Bowl
- Tejay van Garderen wins Tour of California
- Woman suspected of starting brush fire arrested
- Man falls from building during Bay to Breakers party
- Tornado levels homes in Oklahoma City trailer park
- 2 men arrested in killing teen over iPad in Las Vegas
- Girl killed, parents hurt by shots fired into home
- Startups use Netflix rental model for clothing, jewelry
- Apps help protect your smartphone from snoops
- abcnews: SEAL auctions bin Laden raid knife
- roundup: Fairfield shooting; Redwood City fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos