Survey: online shopping up more than 16 percent
A survey by IBM found internet sales spiked more than 16 percent from last year. The dollar amount of sales made using mobile devices jumped nearly 174 percent from last Christmas.
A major increase in people using iPads, tablet computers and smart phones helped drive up the numbers.
shopping, internet, iPad, business
- Former church worker arrested for credit card fraud
- Mudslide causes trees to fall on power lines in Piedmont
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake
- Mt. Diablo slow to recover after fire
- Dog stabbed to death in SF's Mission District 55 min ago
- Police raid LA Times building after threat reports 28 min ago
- 7.2 magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- Family at odds with neighbors over pet chickens 28 min ago
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry
- 7 On Your Side helps man waiting for gem ring 27 min ago
- FREE STUFF: Cheese; Water Exercise
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Coachella death; Fireworks incident at... 35 min ago
- Dog stabbed to death in SF's Mission District
55 min ago
- Should you be concerned about living on the...
44 min ago
- 'Science cheerleaders' send experiment into...
49 min ago