JC Penney getting rid of deep discount price strategy
Retailer JC Penney is getting rid of the deep discount pricing strategy that's become synonymous with its brand.
The plan is the first major move from former Apple executive Ron Johnson. He became JC Penney's CEO in November.
The goal is to operate more like Walmart, which focuses more on everyday low prices and less on sales and red dot clearance events.
As part of the new strategy all of the retailer's merchandise will be permanently marked down by at least 40 percent.
- Stolen European passports on missing plane
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Rally to be held to mark anniversary of Japan quake 4 min ago
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse 22 min ago
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco 24 min ago
- Petaluma police say thieves targeting utility trucks 36 min ago
- One dead after house fire in Oakland
- California criminal behind 3-strikes law arrested 15 min ago
- MasterCard, Visa plan group focused on security 4 min ago
- Man arrested for DUI after injury crash in Russian Hill
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case