Obama-backed green company goes under
INDIANA (KGO) -- Another green company backed by President Obama's administration is going under.
The Wall Street Journal reports Ener1, an electric car battery company, has filed for bankruptcy protection. The filing comes a year after Vice President Biden's visit to an Ener1 subsidiary in Indiana. Ener1 received a $118 million grant from the Energy Department to build a factory.
In 2011, Fremont-based solar panel maker Solyndra also went out of business after taking more than half a billion dollars in government loans.
barack obama, bailout, business
- 4.4 earthquake strikes Southern California 51 min ago
- Bench dedicated to honor missing teen Sierra LaMar
- Husband suspected in Castro Valley woman's death
- Man critically hurt after being hit by tour bus in SF
- Female pedestrian fatally struck in Concord
- Two lanes of WB I-80 in SF blocked due to accident
- EU mulling next steps against Russia over Ukraine
- Marijuana grow found at San Jose house fire
- Dawkins, Stanford to face New Mexico in NCAAs
- Navy's Blue Angels return to skies over San Francisco
- Man killed by Caltrain in Atherton identified
- Final words from jet came after system shutdown
- roundup: Richmond house fire; SF stabbing
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
44 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos