BofA hands out about 450 layoff notices in Concord
CONCORD, Calif. (KGO) -- Bank of America handed out hundreds of lay-off notices Wednesday to employees in Concord.
Roughly 450 positions were eliminated, most in a customer service center and in the bank's fraud and claims units.
Bank of America says those units will be closing in late May and the job cuts are intended to consolidate operations and reduce costs.
All employees can apply for other available bank jobs or may be eligible for severance pay.
bank of america, jobs, layoff, business
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Woman hit by stray bullet may be paralyzed 45 min ago
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- 1 injured in shooting at Bayfair Mall in San Leandro 11 min ago
- AC Transit, unions announce tentative agreement
- BART makes no progress on contract talks
- Kitten stolen from San Francisco shelter
- Bay Area companies shop so you won't have to 8 min ago
- GET FREE STUFF: Cream cheese; Bracelet set
- abcnews: Dancing doctor gets tickets to Beyonce show
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- Woman hit by stray bullet may be paralyzed
45 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos