LinkedIn's 4Q earnings strong, revenue doubles
SAN FRANCISCO -- LinkedIn is reporting a strong fourth quarter as the online professional networking service added 14 million members. Its net income and revenue beat Wall Street's expectations.
The results announced Thursday provided further evidence of online networking's popularity and moneymaking potential.
LinkedIn Corp.'s performance could help create even more excitement for an upcoming initial public offering of stock from Facebook Inc., which runs the Internet's largest social network.
LinkedIn earned $6.9 million, or 6 cents per share, during the final three months of the year. That compares with income of $1.6 million, or 3 cents per share, a year earlier.
Revenue more than doubled from the previous year to nearly $168 million.
LinkedIn, which became a public company in May, ended December with 145 members, up from 131 million in September.
earnings, linkedin, business
- Injunction filed to keep Jahi McMath on life support
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- BART Board president wants to ban transit strikes
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- Garbage truck fatally strikes man in Tenderloin
- Female victim shot near Lake Merritt Friday morning
- Car crashes into San Jose home this morning
- Target shopper files suit over security breach 5 min ago
- San Jose charity 3,000 short of toy distribution goal
- VIRAL VIDEO: Oscars® Trailer: Ellen...
- abcnews: Dancing doctor gets tickets to Beyonce show
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: CPUC fines PG&E; Homeless memorial
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos