Jamba Juice buys Talbott Teas
EMERYVILLE, Calif. (KGO) -- Jamba Juice is going from frosty to hot.
The beverage retail giant famous for its fruit smoothies has acquired Talbott Teas, a Chicago company that makes specialty teas.
The move is part of a new strategy by Emeryville, Calif.-based Jamba Juice to add more high-end products at its stores.
Jamba Juice CEO James White sees a pick-up in business. "We've played our way through the Great Recession with strong momentum as we finished up 2011. We're bullish on how we see the consumer reacting to our brand," he said.
White said Jamba Juice plans to hire 2,500 low-income youth during the summer as part of President Obama's Jobs Plus initiative.
The company will also add about 50 new stores in the United States this year.
emeryville, jobs, economy, food, business
- Yahoo takes big leap with $1.1B deal for Tumblr
- Three evacuated from house fire in Kentfield
- Tornado levels homes in Oklahoma City trailer park
- Report: Corrosion a problem on new Bay Bridge
- 1 dead, 2 injured from East Palo Alto shooting
- Man dies after fall during Bay to Breakers party 15 min ago
- Juvenile bicyclist killed in collision in San Jose 37 min ago
- Brush fire at Joaquin Miller Park in Oakland
- Startups use Netflix rental model for clothing, jewelry
- NFL set to vote if Bay Area will host Super Bowl
- Small Fla. city wonders who won Powerball jackpot
- abcnews: SEAL auctions bin Laden raid knife
- roundup: Fairfield shooting; Redwood City fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos