Jamba Juice buys Talbott Teas
EMERYVILLE, Calif. (KGO) -- Jamba Juice is going from frosty to hot.
The beverage retail giant famous for its fruit smoothies has acquired Talbott Teas, a Chicago company that makes specialty teas.
The move is part of a new strategy by Emeryville, Calif.-based Jamba Juice to add more high-end products at its stores.
Jamba Juice CEO James White sees a pick-up in business. "We've played our way through the Great Recession with strong momentum as we finished up 2011. We're bullish on how we see the consumer reacting to our brand," he said.
White said Jamba Juice plans to hire 2,500 low-income youth during the summer as part of President Obama's Jobs Plus initiative.
The company will also add about 50 new stores in the United States this year.
emeryville, jobs, economy, food, business
- Family take legal steps to keep girl on life support
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- 11 injured in oven explosion at Santa Rita Jail
- Big Sur fire burns 550 acres; 5 percent contained
- Woman dies after tweeting about working for 30 hours
- Man accused of trying to throw wife off San Mateo Bridge
- Fire at metal plant doesn't help hazy skies
- New tech honcho for Obama health care website
- Teen burned on bus to be honored by school team
- Winter Spare the Air Alert called through Wednesday
- abcnews: Deaf dad gets to hear daughter sing for...
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure vote; Vallejo PD raise
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday