Jamba Juice buys Talbott Teas
EMERYVILLE, Calif. (KGO) -- Jamba Juice is going from frosty to hot.
The beverage retail giant famous for its fruit smoothies has acquired Talbott Teas, a Chicago company that makes specialty teas.
The move is part of a new strategy by Emeryville, Calif.-based Jamba Juice to add more high-end products at its stores.
Jamba Juice CEO James White sees a pick-up in business. "We've played our way through the Great Recession with strong momentum as we finished up 2011. We're bullish on how we see the consumer reacting to our brand," he said.
White said Jamba Juice plans to hire 2,500 low-income youth during the summer as part of President Obama's Jobs Plus initiative.
The company will also add about 50 new stores in the United States this year.
emeryville, jobs, economy, food, business
- Two dead after apartment building fire in SF
- Police arrest suspect accused of setting fire to station
- Teen girl found in Berkeley says she was kidnapped
- Local teen gets Bryan Cranston's help in promposal
- BART unveils new train car design in SF 32 min ago
- Woman struck by cab in downtown San Francisco
- Martinez parents struggle to stay at baby son's side
- Mandatory water cutbacks ordered in Livermore
- Boston Marathon bomb hoax suspect in court
- A's first pitch to honor man killed by drunk driver
- California home prices surge in March; sales fall
- WWI soldier's love letters found behind attic wall 35 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Fatal house fire in SF; Oakland shooting
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
32 min ago
- Bay Area residents monitor SKorea ferry...
52 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos