Jamba Juice buys Talbott Teas
EMERYVILLE, Calif. (KGO) -- Jamba Juice is going from frosty to hot.
The beverage retail giant famous for its fruit smoothies has acquired Talbott Teas, a Chicago company that makes specialty teas.
The move is part of a new strategy by Emeryville, Calif.-based Jamba Juice to add more high-end products at its stores.
Jamba Juice CEO James White sees a pick-up in business. "We've played our way through the Great Recession with strong momentum as we finished up 2011. We're bullish on how we see the consumer reacting to our brand," he said.
White said Jamba Juice plans to hire 2,500 low-income youth during the summer as part of President Obama's Jobs Plus initiative.
The company will also add about 50 new stores in the United States this year.
emeryville, jobs, economy, food, business
- Crews demolishing building in Mission Bay fire
- 7 people dead in New York gas explosion
- Man looks to move forward after Peninsula boat crash
- Senators reach deal extending jobless benefits
- SF's Stockton Tunnel closed due to water main break
- Crews remove broken window from high-rise in SF
- Car cleared from Caltrain tracks after collision
- Police search for possible shooter, lock down school
- Americans on track to spend $60B on pets this year
- Royal editor: Diana gave me leaked phone info
- VIRAL VIDEO: Haiyan survivors in "Happy"...
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Vacaville police chief; South Bay fireworks
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday 34 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
30 min ago