300 jobs available at HIREvent in Concord
EMERYVILLE, Calif. (KGO) -- More than 300 jobs are available through Tuesday's job fair at the East Bay HIREvent in Concord, sponsored by ABC7 and the Job Journal.
More than a dozen employers are looking to fill job openings. Job openings have been on the rise lately, a strong indication that employers are slowly increasing their hiring. However, many people are still looking for jobs. Unemployment in Contra Costa County is at 9.3 percent, down from what it was in the fall of 2011, but the trends still look good.
The event starts at noon and runs until 4 p.m. at the Centre Concord, at 5298 Clayton Road in Concord. Experts will be on-site evaluating resumes for free.
jobs, emeryville, unemployment, business
- Family: Children's Hospital calls girl 'dead'
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- BART Board president wants to ban transit strikes
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- Garbage truck fatally strikes man in Tenderloin 18 min ago
- SFFD battle 1-alarm blaze near the Panhandle
- San Jose charity 3,000 short of toy distribution goal
- '628' area code to begin in '415' region in 2015
- Last minute Christmas shopping is in full swing
- Only On 7: Sneak peek at the SF Zoo's baby gorilla
- abcnews: Dancing doctor gets tickets to Beyonce show 35 min ago
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: CPUC fines PG&E; Homeless memorial
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos