HP cutting 275 jobs at webOS business
PALO ALTO, Calif. (KGO) -- Hewlett Packard is cutting 275 engineering jobs and other positions at its webOS business.
The Palo Alto-based computer maker said it no longer needs many of the engineers and other related positions.
HP let go of more than 500 webOS employees last September following a decision to halt production of the company's Touchpad tablet and other webOS-based consumer products.
palo alto, hewlett packard, jobs, business
- Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb kills 91
- Firefighters save Vallejo man in apartment fire
- Man goes missing after Bay to Breakers race
- Bay Area residents in DC protest against banks
- Victims hope to get money back from lending scheme
- Man dies after fall during Bay to Breakers party
- Norman Wielsch sentenced to 14 years in prison
- 5-year-old killed in rollover crash in Richmond
- 4-alarm grass fire burns 8 acres in Orinda
- Silver Creek HS sophomore killed in bike accident
- Yahoo takes big leap with $1.1B deal for Tumblr
- NFL owners set to decide Super Bowl L site Tuesday
- roundup: Mountain lion spotted; Palo Alto murder
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday