Disney launches program to help vets find jobs
The Walt Disney Company has launched a new program to help returning veterans find jobs.
CEO Bob Iger announced an initiative called "Heroes Work Here" at the annual shareholders meeting in Kansas City on Tuesday. He says Disney will provide at least 1,000 job and career opportunities for returning service members over the next three years and launch a public awareness campaign to convince other businesses to follow suit.
Disney owns ABC7 News.
disney, jobs, business
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse
- UC system issues new policy to handle sexual assaults
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- 10-year-old San Leandro boy found safe
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Oakland school locked down after report of assault
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Homeowners blame Caltrain for rising flood insurance
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire