Disney launches program to help vets find jobs
The Walt Disney Company has launched a new program to help returning veterans find jobs.
CEO Bob Iger announced an initiative called "Heroes Work Here" at the annual shareholders meeting in Kansas City on Tuesday. He says Disney will provide at least 1,000 job and career opportunities for returning service members over the next three years and launch a public awareness campaign to convince other businesses to follow suit.
Disney owns ABC7 News.
disney, jobs, business
- SFPD search underway for suspects in ATM heist 15 min ago
- Family take legal steps to keep girl on life support
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- 11 injured in oven explosion at Santa Rita Jail
- Woman dies after tweeting about working for 30 hours
- Fire at metal plant doesn't help hazy skies
- Big Sur fire burns 550 acres; 5 percent contained
- New tech honcho for Obama health care website
- Teen burned on bus to be honored by school team
- Winter Spare the Air Alert called through Wednesday
- abcnews: Deaf dad gets to hear daughter sing
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure vote; Vallejo PD raise
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos