Demand for fuel efficiency leads to auto sales boom
A demand for new and more fuel efficient cars may be leading to a boom in auto sales.
Edmunds.com estimates new car sales in march will top $1.4 million. That's a 16.5 percent increase over a year ago and a 26 percent increase over last month.
Edmunds.com says looser credit standards are also helping to boost sales.
auto industry, gas prices, business, michael finney
- Police search for gunman after officer shot in SF 21 min ago
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Rally held in SF to mark anniversary of Japan quake
- $1.2M bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- International Women's Day walk kicks off in SF
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco
- 750 immigration detainees on hunger strike in US
- Missing woman from Benicia found in Alpine County
- Plan to build median on GG Bridge moves forward
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case