Best Buy closing 2 stores in the Bay Area
Best Buy announced Saturday the locations of the 50 stores it plans to close this year, and two are in the Bay Area.
The company will shut the doors of its Pittsburg and East Palo Alto stores in less than a month.
The struggling electronics chain is losing ground to discounter Target as well as Amazon.com.
Best Buy lost almost $2 billion in the last quarter.
best buy, business
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse
- UC system issues new policy to handle sexual assaults
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- 10-year-old San Leandro boy found safe
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Oakland school locked down after report of assault
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Homeowners blame Caltrain for rising flood insurance
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire