Best Buy closing 2 stores in the Bay Area
Best Buy announced Saturday the locations of the 50 stores it plans to close this year, and two are in the Bay Area.
The company will shut the doors of its Pittsburg and East Palo Alto stores in less than a month.
The struggling electronics chain is losing ground to discounter Target as well as Amazon.com.
Best Buy lost almost $2 billion in the last quarter.
best buy, business
- Strong earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- Former church worker arrested for credit card fraud
- Car hits SF bus stop, seriously injuring woman
- Mudslide causes trees to fall on power lines in Piedmont
- Dog stabbed to death in SF's Mission District
- Mechanic cashes in on SF's high real estate market
- Police raid LA Times building after threat reports
- Mt. Diablo slow to recover after fire
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake
- Family at odds with neighbors over pet chickens
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond
- 7 On Your Side helps man waiting for gem ring
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday 45 min ago
- roundup: Coachella death; Fireworks incident at...
- Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
43 min ago